What's new
Flip Flop Trading

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as access all indicators and scripts.

Electric Cars

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Here's one for hopefully some discussion..

I've only driven an i3 and an i8 briefly and whilst impressive, I am a total petrolhead and love the theatre of a howling V8.

I presume I'd change my mind if I jumped in a Tesla? Speaking of which, their P100D recently had an $80k price drop here in Aus! I reckon a few early adopters wouldn't be best pleased at that move.

Horne

If you love the theatre of a howling V8 I doubt jumping in a Tesla would change your mind. Apples and Oranges. Not to say people who love petrol combustion engines can't also love electric cars, but it will be in a different way.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you love the theatre of a howling V8 I doubt jumping in a Tesla would change your mind. Apples and Oranges. Not to say people who love petrol combustion engines can't also love electric cars, but it will be in a different way.
I can see the attraction for school runs etc. Jaguar's iPace is pretty nice looking.

Fatkinson

Here's one for hopefully some discussion..

I've only driven an i3 and an i8 briefly and whilst impressive, I am a total petrolhead and love the theatre of a howling V8.

I presume I'd change my mind if I jumped in a Tesla? Speaking of which, their P100D recently had an $80k price drop here in Aus! I reckon a few early adopters wouldn't be best pleased at that move.
I can see the attraction for school runs etc. Jaguar's iPace is pretty nice looking.
I was going to mention the iPace. I've watched a few reviews and the power it creates its crazy for an electric motor and the quality finish i think will make it a far more favourable care than the Tesla.

Horne

yeah, for just everyday driving I'm a big fan of electric cars. Australia needs more infrastructure (charging stations) around the country

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not a fan of Elon, his random tweets of divers to essentially manipulating his share price but the P100D is a beast. Very surprised at the braking test.

Spinning D

Founding Member
Jaguar I Pace is the UK car of the year 2019- I wonder what happens to the range of these electric cars when the driver uses either Air Con or Heating .

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jaguar I Pace is the UK car of the year 2019- I wonder what happens to the range of these electric cars when the driver uses either Air Con or Heating .
Tesla's website has such a thing. You can input your speed/air temp/what you had for breakfast etc and the range is adjusted. They still maintain a 400km (250 mile) range on highest speed/temps.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yes please. Perfect daily coming 2022.