What's new
Flip Flop Trading

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as access all indicators and scripts.

The Pip Range Bar Continuation

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
GBPAUD forming a decent intraday downswing at the moment despite the data not being terrible. Could be some profit taking going on? Either way, closed this for +10.3.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
A good day's work and a nice way to finish the week. EURUSD had spent the majority of the European/UK session sliding lower and it provided a very good setup. Initially struggled with clearing 1.2300 but the NY open has given it a good shove lower and closed for +10.2

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
GBPUSD has well and truly lost the plot the last few sessions and is heading towards big support at 1.3700 handle.

A very clean/straightforward setup here and I was attempting to see how far it could push and got slightly greedy and then saw it bounce before dropping again and closing for +13.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Not a massive trend showing on the range bars but a very clear move on the time based charts. I managed a reasonably good entry and closed for +12 prior to the data.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I closed this one out early and no sooner than I exited, GBP dumped and looks to be dragging the Euro with it. Closed for +6.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I missed the original intended entry but managed to grab a better entry. A nice trade to begin and closed for +10.5.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I had a friend visit so a little late posting these trades. EURUSD trapped me with a potential continuation trade and never got on the right path and knocked out for -15.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
GBPAUD trapped me into a good looking continuation trade and I thought price would finally clear this tight range but once again for the umpteenth time 1.7956 proved too big a road block and knocked out for -16. Not an ideal start but the trade looked great the point of entry.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
The Euro is getting somewhat of a continued smackdown this week and this was a nice opportunity and grabbed +11.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
GBPAUD getting a wriggle on now GBPUSD has broken the daily low. Closed for +11.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
GBPAUD showing some weakness post UK data and jumped on this one around 6-7 minutes post release. Closed for +11.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
It's extremely easy to get sidetracked by these massive moves but it's about staying patient and picking the right spot. The Euro is in freefall and wanted to capitalise on that and closed this for +20.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Good way to start the session, GBP pumping lower for +11.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I mentioned last week that in a bid to find a few more trades I've added GBPCAD to the watchlist. Still getting to grips with its movements and took a small entry for this continuation that reversed almost straight after entry for -15 but i note it has since made a good move lower. I think it may require a slightly larger stop/target as it really moves when it gets going....7/8 pips in seconds isn't uncommon. So despite the loss, information noted and will serve as a good learner.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
A good way to kick off the session with a quick result on EURAUD for +11.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Rolling with the continuation on EURUSD, closed for +10.5.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
GBPUSD kissed the edge of the cloud perfectly and grabbed a good entry and closed for +11. 1.3100 represents pretty good support so price may bounce here but the pair remains extremely heavy.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
A tight but solid setup here on EURUSD for +10.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
EURUSD can be enormously frustrating at times, it requires massive patience but usually it can pay off.

The range is still below 30 pips but this seemed like a good chance at going lower, especially with GBP dropping like a stone. Closed for +10.5.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
GBPAUD trending pretty well and caught this entry for +14. Poor slippage on exit that cost 1.2 pips.