What's new
Flip Flop Trading

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as access all indicators and scripts.

The Pip Range Bar Continuation

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dax can trend very nicely when it wants to and looks like provide lots of opportunities. Nicely done.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Nice trade to finish the evening as I'm off to collect my parents from the airport. EURUSD had slowly but surely working lower and took the chance to see if it'd continue.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
A nice but slightly nervous trade here on GBPAUD. It clipped the edge of the cloud prior to the UK open nicely and just missed target on the UK open and then darted 15 pips higher before dropping down again and hitting the TP on the nose. Closed for +11.

1.7730 seems to have formed a strong intraday support level.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
EURAUD setup nicely and a bit of good fortune as I missed the original intended entry at 1.1.5795 and managed a much better entry at 1.5703 and closed for +10.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
A pleasing trade here on EURUSD for the setup was quite a nervous one. On the face of it, a classic continuation trade but equally, there is strong divergence there and it'd have been super easy to fire into a short. However, weighing up the probability I thought there was a decent enough chance price could push to daily/session highs and continue this dollar weakness thanks to Trump's announcement. A short does look good but I'd be looking at waiting a little while yet.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
A decent exit here as the setup for a bounce was just too strong to ignore. The setup looked very strong for the continuation once price bounced back down from the cloud structure. However, as price began to consolidate and the AO kept getting higher and higher, I had to exit. Closed for -1.5.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
EURUSD has been in a tiny range so far today, under 38 pips. However, it has been ever so slowly grinding lower. Took this trade with a view of wanting the level at 1.2348 to really give way but price is very reluctant to let go and seems quite a stronghold for the time being. Closed for +9.5 pre news.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned in the journal, I don't have any reference points for GBPAUD this high up so attempting any shorts feels quite risky given the strong trend in place. This led to watching/waiting for a continuation trade and managed to grab +10.5 here.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I caught this trade whilst watching the BOE release, also managed to get it on a live video which I'm just in the process of uploading to Youtube. A nice rejection off of the cloud and closed for +10.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Third trade and last trade of the night on EURAUD and tackled it from the other side this time with a continuation trade and closed slightly shy of the intended target for +9.5.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
A nice setup here with a pinbar off of the channel and price setting up multiple times. I was a little late entering but was eyeing off the strong intraday support at 1.8417 that had formed and it broke right before the NY open. I'd be surprised if this doesn't bounce higher from here, seems a classic false break right before a major market open. Closed for +21.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
For the 2nd night in a row, my exit preceded a big drop off. Frustrating but that's the way it goes sometimes. There was a decent bounce higher and it created a nice continuation trade and closed for +12.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
GBPAUD has reversed 85% of the move up on the Chinese news regarding tariffs on the U.S. It's now approaching very solid support where price hasn't passed all week. Managed to grab this nice continuation trade for +14.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Not the best start to the day, EURAUD trapping me into a short and then promptly reversing to the stop for -15.5. I'm struggling to read EURAUD, GBPAUD. GBPAUD is 30+ pips higher post news which just makes zero sense. The Aussie dollar is just so weak at the moment.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
2nd loss in a row for the continuation trade. Perhaps should have exited after the bullish pinbar but let it slide and exited for -15.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
AUD crosses in a trending environment so far to start the week. Closed this for +12.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
GBPUSD providing a decent trade despite EURUSD doing the opposite and pushing higher. Closed for +11.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
GBPAUD proving my nenemis at the moment for continuation trades. Looked a solid setup but never got into the green and out for -15.5.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Despite GBPAUD giving me the heebie jeebies lately, I wasn't going to let that stop a good, solid setup. GBPAUD set up nicely 5 minutes prior to the UK open and managed to close for +11.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
EURUSD providing a nice setup post US data and once price closed on the full at the high I entered. It had a strong divergence setup also but given the slow, methodic rise in EURUSD so far today I felt it was a safer bet to try the long. Closed for +11 and a decent Monday.