What's new
Flip Flop Trading

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as access all indicators and scripts.

Quantum and Murray Math combined

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

The final strategy I want to discuss for the time being is something I would call the double up. It involves two indicators. One is the quantum indicator which I posted here and the other is a Murray Maths indicator.

The quantum indicator relies on price setting new highs/lows over a defined period allowing positions to be built up and then reversing to allow a profit to be made. There are several huge threads on Forexfactory but I want to try and simplify things here.

This is going to take a few hours to get some working examples but hopefully you might find it interesting and worthwhile.

Please see here for the Expert advisor that will enter trades for you.

For now, here is a sampler:

Last edited:

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It would be absolutely fantastic if I could get 2 or 3 volunteers to track a pair each to enable some decent depth of data to be recorded, any takers?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, here's a nice example of how best this method works.

The premise is to enter short on a new Quantum in or around a Murray Math line. I only took the original entry as I was looking at other charts but they'd have added up to a nice position and a good result.

Whilst you do want to build a position via several entries, the ultimate downfall of this method is controlling drawdown. A key element is picking the right combinations to trade. I am strongly looking at positively correlated pairs and taking the signals as they come to see if that can control drawdown.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
EURGBP provided some opportunities post UK data, closed the 3 trades for 14 pips from the average entry of 0.8666.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
EURGBP providing some good opportunities again this UK morning as it battles around support. I missed the first set of shorts which all would have worked nicely also.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Final set of trades for EURGBP tonight with a set of 3 shorts.

I think it's important to know when to stop and managing risk is the key factor to success with this method.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
First set of trades for the night with EURGBP after the very strong UK data. I like seeing a big candle for this type of strategy as it'll encourage some entries and with a negative revision to the UK data, felt there could be at least some retrace. Aimed for the Murray level at 0.8620.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
A series of AUDUSD trades from the Asian session that started around 10am local time. The shorts were a nice set of trades. However, the cycle of long trades were beginning to frustrate with the inability to clear 0.7622. Closed them all out for +1 average.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

I thought I'd do a brief video and an introduction to the method. Video is here.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for sharing, what timeframe do you recommend?
Hi Hugo,

I'd have a look at the M1 and M5 timeframe. Remember, the higher you go, the less signals so it'll depend on your preference for watching.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
The Asian session for AUDUSD had a nice set of shorts. One thing I think I will continue with is only taking the first set of trades. I think reversing immediately into a opposite set of trades is not worth the management or time, generally speaking the first move is usually the one to be on.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the trades from the Asian session for AUDUSD:

Something I am working on is looking great, whereby extending the profit available.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I forgot to post yesterday's UK session which as usual is on EURGBP. A good result from the series of longs.

Might not get any UK session trades today as all the work seems to have been done during the Asian session when the Pound dropped heavily.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
UK session again provided some longs and EURGBP erased all of the gains from the Asian session and managed to set new daily lows. A good result in the end:

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
The morning cycle of AUDUSD trades have finished, 9 in total. A good week so far for the Asian session trades.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
A very quiet end to the week for AUDUSD, only 3 trades but all a success.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Well, a marathon session for the AUDUSD cycle and finally closed them out for a net +7 pips.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Today highlighted the importance of not playing when high releases are due especially when they are rate decisions. Whilst expectations were for no change at 1.5% the key was what the statement would say regarding the future. It wasn't all good news for the Aussie causing a big break of support.

I missed the first few longs but caught the couple of shorts;

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Not a huge number of trades with only 3 per cycle but nonetheless a profitable Asian session for AUDUSD.

For the longs, I held them past the initial exit of 0.7574 (usually the exit is when an oppposite Q signal appears) as I've had a theory for a while that you can hold the trade past the first opposing signal. Managed to create an extra 5 pips which was useful.

And not a single trade for EURGBP yesterday during London session: