What's new
Flip Flop Trading

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as access all indicators and scripts.

Pip Range Journal- My Journey

Fatkinson

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
After a rally up after brexit news I caught price bumping off of the Tenkan Sen while also hitting the EMA on the M15 chart . I was waiting for price to close below 1.8610 before taking the trade.

Closed +10 for the first trade of my week.

Fatkinson

Price shot up higher on GBPAUD with momentum not as high. I waited for price to retract to go higher and wanted to see it close below TS before opening a short.

Closed for +17

Fatkinson

Another one to bounce off of TS and KS on GBPAUD. Closed for +20 on my last trade of the night.

Fatkinson

First trade of the night on GBPUSD with a nice divergence set up on the pip range chart and it was also bouncing off of the 85 EMA on the time based.
Closed for +10.5

Fatkinson

I really like to use the daily open line as a S/R line. This one was bouncing off of the cloud and the open line and i waited for a close below KS before opening.
Closed +16 GBPUSD

Fatkinson

Thought i was going to catch a bounce off of the TS but price drifted fast so I closed the trade early for -10

Fatkinson

A continuation on GBPAUD after it just closed above the KS. GBPAUD has been slowly climbing all UK session and i was able to close this for +15

Fatkinson

closed -10 on this one. was hoping for a continuation but I'm thinking i shouldnt have taken it as price had drifted too far into the cloud.

Fatkinson

This one hurt. I thought GBPAUD was coming down. Hitting my SL at -30.

Fatkinson

+30 gbpaud with a continuation. This one took a while after a slow period but finally got moving in the last 30minutes

Fatkinson

Something I have seen a few times from @Admin on a continuation where price sticks to the edge of the cloud and then closes below TS. +10 GBPCAD

Fatkinson

Here is a divergence trade on GBPUSD which i closed for +32.5 my entry was a little later than I wanted but I really wanted to waited until price closed below blue and red lines. There was a but of brexit news in the middle that caused it to rush higher but was able to take a nice profit at the end

Last edited:

Fatkinson

Flip floppers, any advice with this. I set a tight SL on GBPAUD looking for a bounce off of the blue line. price went against me straight away and bounced back to breakeven but as i went to close the trade it seemed it him my SL was hit but price didnt actually reach it. this would mean the spread was close to 10 pip which im not sure i believe?
SL hit at -17.5

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Private NFP jobs release. Spread will always widen in such times.

Fatkinson

Not feeling the best today. Has anyone got any tips on how to stay healthy while working all day then trading all night? Feeling very run down after only getting 2-4 hours sleep per night and working the rest of the day.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Not feeling the best today. Has anyone got any tips on how to stay healthy while working all day then trading all night? Feeling very run down after only getting 2-4 hours sleep per night and working the rest of the day.
Unfortunately there is no shortcut. I was working 65 hours a week at BMW/Mercedes and then trading until 1am. A small sacrifice to get to the end goal.

Enjoy the weekends and have a goal.

Fatkinson

Unfortunately there is no shortcut. I was working 65 hours a week at BMW/Mercedes and then trading until 1am. A small sacrifice to get to the end goal.

Enjoy the weekends and have a goal.
What kind of goal could you set for this john? I think the last few weeks just caught up to me and just made me its bitch for the night. Feeling better after a day sleeping and getting some good food into me!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of goal could you set for this john? I think the last few weeks just caught up to me and just made me its bitch for the night. Feeling better after a day sleeping and getting some good food into me!
Goals are very much a personal thing. It can range from a monetary goal to a personal goal to a work goal.

Fatkinson

Gutted on this one. Missed my TP by 3 pips which would have been a +30 TP but wanted to be out before half an hour before NFP.

closed for +8

Fatkinson

Okay, I haven't posted in a while but recently my computer has burned out and my hard drive decided to corrupt. Im trying to start up the charts again like i used to have but i'M having trouble loading my pip range charts onto the 3 minute offline charts.any help would be appreciated.

I've tried scrolling back on all of my M1 charts but nothing seems to be showing up for me.
@Admin