What's new
Flip Flop Trading

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as access all indicators and scripts.

Pip Range Journal- My Journey

Fatkinson

Hi everyone, I'm Josh and I've just started my journey in trading Forex.

I do not have any prior experience in trading but thought id give it a go. I first started with www.babypips.com where I was able to learn the fundamentals and worked my way into a demo account where I instantly fell in love with trading. I've been working with John (Head Flip Flop) for a number of weeks and have started a live account with not a huge amount there until I fully understand the strategy.

I thought I'd use this forum to document my trades so I can continue to learn and get better each time and if I can help someone in the process then that is a bonus also!

Thanks
Joshua

Last edited:

Fatkinson

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not a great start to my thread, starting off with -12.2 on GBPAUD.
It slowly climbed to which looked like a good setup. My original area to short was around 1.7995 but took an inpatient trade as I saw price close below the kijun sen. Price from there continued to climb before coming back down.
After that I wanted to break even but was too late to close the trade before it spiked again.

Better luck next week!

Fatkinson

I figure I may as well post continuation trades with divergence trades in the same thread to make it easier for me to review my week when I look back on this.

I caught this continuation trade on GBPAUD. Wasn't the cleanest set up but I was confident price was going to keep falling. Price touched the cloud, then entered but immediately bounced out. I waited for price to close below KS (blue line) before taking the short. Didn't want to be greedy for the first trade of the week and was happy with closing +10.6

Last edited:

Fatkinson

I managed to catch this divergence trade on GBPAUD. Price seemed to climb higher after some Brexit news. Similar to my trade on Friday I entered a wee bit too early but managed to close for +10.

Fatkinson

Seems like I need to start sitting on my hands to stop myself from clicking my mouse.

With the Awesome oscillator showing lower lows and price slightly higher highs on EURAUD, I entered as price close below TS.

If I waited another 10 minutes I would have found a better entry with more chance of hitting my take profit.

closed -13

Fatkinson

This one felt good after coming off a few losses over the last few days

I saw a nice spike in price and this time I hid my mouse so I couldn't get in too early.

I wanted to wait for the close of the bear candle before i took the trade just for my own confirmation.

Closed for +14.6

Attachments

Fatkinson

Alrighty! New week new goals. lets get this!

after a bit of a health scare over the weekend I'm ready to turn this up a dial and get cracking!

Fatkinson

I haven't been posting my last few trades for the week. I've just been messing around on a demo account while all the Brexit talk has been going on and testing where to put my TP and SL for my live account.

I'm really happy with how this one went. Price was going back and forth around half an hour. I was waiting before price closed below the TS (Red line) before entering a short on EurAud. Closed for +13

Fatkinson

I haven't posted in a while due to many learning curves and many frustrated nights when I think I don't know what I'm doing.

I'm going to try and post every trade in hopes that I learn something from each one.

Here is a loss from tonight on GBPCAD. There was divergence and I waited for a dip in price and to see if price went higher on the way back up. Took the trade with a 12 pip TP but ended up closing the trade for -17 as i saw a few other charts spike higher so I got out.

If anyone has any advice please feel free to share.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My only comment would be it looks like it got close to its TP. Always move your stop close to entry to avoid a loss.

Fatkinson

Had an early mark from work today so I thought I'd jump on the computer and see whats going on before London opens.

I was able to catch this divergence trade that was also bouncing off of the daily open line and thought it would be a great setup. I was extremely happy with the entry. Closed for +10.5

Attachments

Fatkinson

Had a good few hours at the driving range with some work colleagues. I spotted this one before I left.

Price hit 1.5976 multiple times throughout the Aussie session. It finally broke and came straight back. After such big rallies throughout the day I thought it would be a great opportunity to short and manage to go +27 with one of my best exits of a trade I think I have had.

I placed my TP just higher than the last highest wick of a candle and had a 21 pip SL.

Attachments

Fatkinson

From what I saw it was a pretty good set up for all crosses of GBP that I look at. I was happy with +13 on GBPAUD. I didn't want to be to be too eager on the first trade of the week even though I thought it was going to go 20 pips or more but happy nonetheless.

Attachments

Fatkinson

a nice continuation trade here. I originally did the same trade as john but just missed my TP and I closed for BE. I was fortunate enough to have another set up a few minutes later which I was able to close for +8.

Then I caught a divergence trade on GBPAUD which I entered a little too early. If I waited another 5-10 minutes it would have been a lot better. I was happy to take +13 on this one

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Be careful when GBPAUD starts trending like it is. Very difficult to counter it. One way traffic at the moment.