What's new
Flip Flop Trading

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as access all indicators and scripts.

Pip Range Divergence Trading Journal

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
That's it from me. Will let the quantum run and see how it looks later.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Have a 7 year old's party at home they said. It'll be fun they said. Said no one! 😂

Charlie turned 7 on Wednesday and had his year 1 friends over for a pool party and all round mayhem.

Not a huge amount happening at the moment, EURAUD threatening the 1.6000 handle and GBPAUD equally trying to go higher.

NFP takes centre stage later today.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Big miss on headline figure but a beat on unemployment rate. Mixed so far, will be interesting to see the fallout.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
GBP has been the weak currency so far today and wanted to try and capitalise on that. Post NFP figures, GBPAUD was beginning to work lower and rebounded nicely off of the KS. Closed for +28.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
GBPUSD has closed the weekend gap, interesting to see where it heads from here. No data out until the US session.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Not the ideal start to the day but on reflection I wouldn't change anything. At the time, the setup looked good. I think, however, post UK data I'll be leaving it well alone with the pending Brexit vote in Parliament later on.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Here is yesterday's single trade. EURUSD was extremely boring and it took a long time to pay off but happy with the result.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
GBPUSD putting in some strange moves and last trade of the session on GBP pairs. Despite the better than forecast data, GBP made a dive for the 1.3200 handle and swiftly broke it. Took it on a rebound and missed TP by 1.5 pips. Closed out for +1 that turned to +0.8.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Nice 185 pip spike in GBPAUD. Let the games begin!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Amazing that GBPUSD can have a 280+ range and EURUSD is sat in the extra go slow lane at 40 pips.

However, as outlined earlier, GBP is not for touching and EURUSD ran out a nice but slow win for +19. Actually cut it short as I am/was nervous of NY open creating some chaos.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
As expected the reject vote won the day and GBP has had a good sized bounce so far. Unfortunately, that volatility hasn't extended to the Euro. EURUSD is in a 8 pip range for 10 hours. Genuinely haven't seen that for years.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Tried to battle GBPUSD's upswing and got caught out, however, took my medicine and instead of letting it ride, closed for -9 when the opportunity arose.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
This one took forever to come to money but finally came good around 1 in the morning local time for +16.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
One of those weeks unfortunately with a few trades flirting with the TP and then reversing sharply and quickly. EURAUD was 0.8 away from home and then AUD dumped causing EURAUD to climb. Closed out for -4.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good and think that may apply here. Took GBPAUD after it rejected off of the top of the cloud and something has lit a fire on GBPAUD as it crumbled quickly. Closed for +58.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I read over the weekend that the EURUSD's implied 3 month volatility is at a 5 year low. Reassuring to know I'm not going crazy at how small and slow EURUSD has become. It's making trading very tricky as I'm still cautious of Brexit and GBP thus leaving me with EURUSD and EURAUD.

EURAUD has moved reasonably well but in one direction and zero signs of a setup. Tough work at the moment.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Some UK data to mull over in just under an hour. EURUSD looks to be repeating yesterday's pattern of not doing a lot but grind.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, everything has ground to a halt and it's extremely slow. Will take a break and come back later.