What's new
Flip Flop Trading

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as access all indicators and scripts.

GBPUSD and the UK Election

UK Election result

• Majority Tories

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Hung Parliament

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labour Victory

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
With a decisive election looming tomorrow for the UK, the fallout could be significant for GBPUSD. From what I've read I believe the first signs of the result/s will be known at 22:00 BST when the exit polls are shown. From there results will start to flow overnight.

Some brokers are reducing leverage and increasing margin requirements which seems a sensible move should the unexpected happen which could cause GBPUSD to plummet 4-5% according to some analysts.

So, what is everyone going with?

Here's a timetable for the Election night also.

Onedimension

Hey John, I'll be absolutely mortified if Labour win or we get a hung parliament. I cannot abide the lying Corbyn. God help us if he gets in.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Over $38,000,000 matched on Betfair thus far with a Conservative majority priced at 1.11.

Onedimension

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What amazes me is that 12 million people (12 million!!!!!) have voted for Corbyn and his side kick Dianne Abbott. Regardless of your political view how can anyone place their trust with those two?! Holy moly.