What's new
Flip Flop Trading

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as access all indicators and scripts.

Countdown to Brexit

Spinning D

Founding Member
Productivity at its highest since 2005, Exports on a high, Unemployment half of that in Europe,Overseas Investment in UK companies at a high since 2016- yep its all terrbile NOT-bring on Brexit

acardrick

Founding Member
Glad to hear that you are so optimistic. Maybe it is just in my area of work that things are much slower.

TraderX

What line of work are you in acardrick? What made you vote stay?

acardrick

Founding Member
What line of work are you in acardrick? What made you vote stay?
I help large companies manage their portfolios of project and resources.

I voted to stay for many reasons. I know that the EU needs to be reformed but I think it owuld be better to reform it from within rather than to get out and have to duplicate much of the framework on our own.

My kids really wanted to be part of Europe and stay in the EU and so that had a big impact on my decision to vote to remain.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A report from The Telegraph has caused GBP to pump 50 or so pips higher that the UK is prepared to be tied to the EU customs union beyond 2021. Nothing confirmed but it has caused a mini spike. Story here.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Now a report coming out denying the above.

Tweet here.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Just caught this on livesqwauk before leaving which seems to be the reason behind the 40 pip drop on GBPUSD:

Tweet here.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Rumours circulating Boris Johnson is stepping down, pure hearsay but a swift 20-25 pip sell off in GBPUSD. The reason I have stayed out of GBP for today.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Such simple tweets are providing 40-50 pip spikes in seconds on GBP. Tough to trust what to believe!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
PM May has been running round like a headless chicken trying to get 'assurances' on her deal to sway lawmakers to pass it later on today. However, the markets and indeed the betting markets suggest an overwhelming majority will vote it down.

Reuters running an article.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
It's hard to fathom what's going on in the UK with the absolute circus that is Brexit. However, Nigel Farage to me, talks a lot of sense.