What's new
Flip Flop Trading

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as access all indicators and scripts.

A Mechanical Approach to Trading

Spinning D

Founding Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A quick trade this morning ,the signal on the 08:00 Ldn Time Exchange opening closed below yesterday's close.

I went Short with S1 minus 2 pips as TP and quickly done and dusted.

FTSE 26 Apr.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
The signal quickly closed the "gap" on the open at 08:00 Ldn Time this morning and as the Daily Pivot Point was only 10 pips above the Friday close I decided to wait to see what positive direction the signal would take.

When the signal closed below the Friday close I went Short to S1 minus 2 pips and TP was soon reached.On reflection I could have entered a short from Daily Pivot Point but it's always easy to be clever afterwards and a profit is always welcome.

FTSE 29 Apr.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
The signal ,as yesterday's opening, quickly closed the "gap" so waited until it hit Daily Pivot Point to assess the direction.

Closed below the level 08:45 Ldn Time so went Short the TP S1 minus 2 pips.

FTSE 30 Apr.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
At the opening this morning ,yesterday's close was below the Daily Pivot Point,I waited for a break in the downward trend and then entered a Short with the Pivot Point as TP.

With Bank Holidays across the major European countries the FTSE seemed very slow so although there was only a 8 pip haul,a profit was booked and I will leave it there for the day.

FTSE 1 May.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
The signal opened below yesterday's close but the GB/US signal was moving sharply upward so went for a Short at 08:10 Ldn Time with S1 minus 2 pips as TP.

During the 08:25 candle the signal started to pull back just failing to reach TP and I decided to cut the trade @7340 for 10 pips profit as closing the "gap" was now a possibility.

By 08:35 the GB/US was faltering and I went Long to close the "gap" and TP was achieved during 09:25 for another 30 pips.

FTSE 2 May.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
The signal opened this morning after yesterdays Bank Holiday below Fridays close and was moving quickly testing first the S1 level and then going Long.

Having checked that the GB/US was faltering around its high of the Asian session I went for a Long to close the "gap" during the 08:05 Ldn Time candle and reached before 09:00.

FTSE 7 May.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
The signal opened across yesterday's close having experienced a circa 100 pip drop yesterday, and indeed has been in decline for the last couple of weeks .As the US/GB had been falling overnight I went for a Long to the nearest Pivot Level -the Daily Pivot Point minus 2 pips.

After some hesitation the signal duly managed to creep across the line for 18 pips.

FTSE 8 May.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
Signal opened this morning below both the Daily Pivot Point and yesterday's close so decided to go Long on the 08:10 candle with Daily Pivot point minus 2 pips as TP.

However after falling below the support level of S1 the trade hit Stop Loss during 09:10 candle.15 minutes later the signal started a rebound so once again I entered a Long and set TP to recover the loss plus 2 pips.Made TP during 10:10 candle .

Generally a frustrating morning as the signal seemed to lack a real direction although GB/US was moving down- so on reflection I would still have made the same decisions I think.

FTSE 9 May .png

Spinning D

Founding Member
The signal opened around the Friday close and quickly moved down.Unfortunately I missed the short but decided to wait for a rebound and managed to set up a Long @09:15 Ldn Time.

I set TP at Friday's close minus 2 pips and the signal just squeezed home for a 21 pip gain during the 10:55 candle.

FTSE 13 May.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
The signal opened above yesterday's close and I went for a Short during the 08:05 Ldn Time candle with TP to close the "gap" and this was quickly achieved.

FTSE 15 May.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
I managed to oversleep this morning until 08:45 and completely missed the London opening of the exchange.

The obvious trade would have been a Long to close the "gap" and the usual 1:1 R/R ratio and that would have resulted in a loss as there was a downward spike that would have hit SL before going on up to hit TP andFTSE 16 May.png close the "gap".

In the event I decided to plan for a rebound back down and set up a Short from yesterday's close with TP at the Daily Pivot Point minus 2 pips and the signal duly obliged for a 13 pip gain.Sometimes in trading it would appear you just need to get lucky and today I did.

Spinning D

Founding Member
Have not managed a FTSE trade this week as the turmoil in the government seems to be causing all "norms" I have become used to seeing daily have been torn up.

Sometimes a No Trade really is the safest trade.

Spinning D

Founding Member
The signal opened around the Daily Pivot Point and I went Long when the signal stayed around and above the level.

Given the performance of the signal this week and the ongoing troubles of the government I decided to go for 30 pips rather than cling on to the R1 minus 2 level.

FTSE 24 May.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
The signal opened this morning in a small trend down and given the recent EU election results here and ongoing political turmoil I thought that closing the "gap" was the best bet. There was a small surge upward in the signal but the sellers won out and TP was achieved by 09:20 Ldn Time.

Previous correlations between the GB/US movements and the FTSE seem to have gone out of the window recently and I think this latest set of conditions demonstrate that a purely mechanical approach is just not possible and so I will discontinue this post.

FTSE 28 May .png