What's new
Flip Flop Trading

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as access all indicators and scripts.

A Mechanical Approach to Trading

Spinning D

Founding Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This morning opened above the Pivot Point and yesterdays close was below that level so went for the high side at R1 minus 2 pips and shot straight up and beyond.

FTSE 2 Apr.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
Brexit weighing on the FTSE today.
As the majority of shares that make up the FTSE earn in dollars the weak pound tends to drive the Index up as sterling drops.
So this morning at London opening the signal was across yesterday's close so made R1 the target.However it took an age to finally get home.

FTSE 3 Apr.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
The open today was below yesterday's close,so went for a Long and like yesterday it slowly ground its way up to TP and then beyond.

FTSE 4 Apr.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
FTSE opened above yesterdays close and above the daily Pivot Point.

During the Asian session the signal had bounced off the Pivot Point several times and so I set TP at 2 pips above that level.

Compared to the last 2 days the target was reached in relatively short order.

FTSE 5 Apr.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
My fist loss today I decided that as the signal had hit Fridays close during the early phase of the Asian session to go Short to the S1 level ,minus 2 pips, from the 08:05 Lnd Time entry.The signal just failed to reach that level and steadily reversed direction.Decided to close the Short at the daily Pivot Point Level and go Long.

Net result was a 10 pip loss on the Short Trade but an 18 pip gain for the Long Trade so still a positive day.

Of course I probably should have ignored the signal hitting Friday's close during the Asian session and gone Long from 08:05 Ldn Time.

FTSE 8 FApr.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
The signal opened just below yesterday's close so I decided to enter and look to the Long side.

I set TP at 7457 as the signal had bounced off this approximate level several times over the last few trading days.In the event the signal readily shot past this level and on through R1,but as my granny would have said a bird in the hand etc etc.

FTSE 9 Apr.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
This morning the opening candle at 08:00 hit yesterday's close so given the Brexit news of a probable extension I went for a Long and set the Daily Pivot Point minus 2 pips as the target.

After meandering around for a couple of hours looking for direction the signal took off and climbed obligingly up thro TP.

FTSE 10 Apr.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
The signal opened this morning below yesterday's close and I went for a Long move to close the "gap".

However the signal continued the downward trend since yesterday afternoon and went on down to hit Stop Loss and a minus 17pip hit.

FTSE 11 Apr.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
Decided that if the signal returned to the opening level this morning to have another go at the Long.

The signal duly returned to that level during the 09:25 candle so entered the Long looking to close the "gap" and it paid off during the 10:40 candle so ended the day honours virtually even.

FTSE 11 Apr part 2.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
Signal opened 5 pips above yesterday's close so looking at the trend I decided to go Long and R1 was the target.

FTSE 12 Apr.pngrs of

Spinning D

Founding Member
I have been looking at recent afternoon performances of the FTSE and noticed that after a morning high the signal reversed all the way back down.

Today is a prime example making for a nice return on the day.In any event I would close the signal at 16:30 Ldn Time -the stock market closing time.

Please also note that as I am testing this system out I am using the demo account and not the "hard earned".

FTSE 12 Apr part 2.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
The signal opened moving around the Daily Pivot Point so set this as entry for a Short for a classic close the "gap"

FTSE 15 Apr.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
Having quickly closed the "gap" this morning I decided that if the signal hit S1 I would set up a Long for a rebound to the Daily Pivot Point which duly obliged.

FTSE 15 Apr part 2.png I would take a L

Spinning D

Founding Member
Signal this morning was moving very fast around the opening time .The 15th close was below the daily Pivot Point so went Long to R1 for the TP and it went up smartly and on thro.

FTSE 16 Apr.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
Having watched the signal bound on up thro' R2 I decided that a rebound was on the cards so a Short was set at R2 as the entry and R1 minus 2 pips as TP .Signal turned and passed entry during 9:20 Ldn Time candle and carried on down after some hesitation.

FTSE 16 Apr part 2.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
Signal opened below both the Daily Pivot Point and yesterdays close. I set TP to close the "gap" and after some hesitation it finally went up and just passed TP.

FTSE 17 Apr.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
The signal opened very close to yesterday's close and hit it during the 08:05 candle so I went for the Short down to S1

FTSE 18 Apr.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
No trade yesterday 23 April -after a 4 day shut down of the London Stock Exchange the daily pivot levels were not indicative.Today the signal during the Asian session hit highs, around yesterday's close, not seen since Oct 2018.

The signal was moving very quickly around the opening at 08:00 Ldn Time so set a Long @2 pips above the 08:05 opening candle to close the "gap" and a Short with entry at the Daily Pivot Point and TP at S1 minus 2 pips.

The signal went Short without triggering the Long and hit TP during the 09:00 Ldn Time candle for 23 pips so cancelled the Long trade.

FTSE 24 Apr.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
The signal opened around yesterday's close and very rapidly shot down through S1 and on to S2.I set the entry for a Short at 5 pips below S2 with S3 minus 2 pips as TP

On reflection as it wandered slowly down to 7409 I thought that a drop of 88 pips -an average whole day move- would be needed to reach TP and without major news - other than the news that theSainsbury/Asda merger was off - this was unlikely this morning.

Bit the bullet and set stop loss at 7423 and a Long entry same level with TP being S1 minus 2 pips.

A net gain of 9 pips and a demonstration that clear thinking before 08:00 Ldn Time is essential when things begin to move rapidly on the open candle.

FTSE 25 Apr.png

Spinning D

Founding Member
Having suffered from a small bout of "fuzzy" thinking this morning I waited for the signal to peak after crossing S1 and when it closed for the first time below S1 @10:40 Ldn Time and then only just climbed above S1 afterwards I set a Short for entry at S1.

The signal moved back down again @11:25 Ldn Time triggered the Short and TP was set at S2 minus 2 pips which it duly obliged after just over 3 hours.

FTSE 25 Apr part 2.png